For those who know and love the comfort of alpaca, we’re sure you’ll agree, owning an alpaca throw blanket is the ultimate luxury. If you haven’t lounged under one of these gems, you haven’t experienced true luxury relaxing and comfort. As soon as you wrap yourself in a lightweight yet warm alpaca throw, you'll never buy any other throw again. Alpaca throws are a stylish and sumptuous addition to every household.
Benefits of alpaca throws
- Warmer than wool, cashmere, & cotton
- Although known for their warmer, alapca throws are lightweight
- Known for breathability, always warm & cozy, but never stifling
- Heirloom quality, extrememly durable, will last for as long as you can cherish it
- Naturally hypoallergenic, gentle on the skin, won't cause any allergic reactions or irritations
- Luxuriously soft, alpaca throws are not coarse like wool, they have a smooth, silky texture
- Alpaca fiber's microscopic air pockets regulate temperature, keeping you warm, but never hot
- Sustainably sourced, alpaca throws come from eco-friendly, sustainable alpaca fleece
- Alpaca throws come in 22 beautiful natural colors, in addition to stylish brightly dyed hues
- For the crème de la crème of alapca throws, look for the softer than soft 100% baby alpaca
Uses for alpaca throws
- After a long day, come home & wrap yourself in a luxurious alpaca throw while you watch a favorite movie or read a book
- For interior design lovers, draping an alpaca throw over a sofa or chair is a quick way to add color or texture to a room, even changing the entire mood of the decor
- Gift an alpaca throw to someone you love - every time they reach for it, they will feel cozy & comforted. Talk about a gift that keeps on giving!
- Bring along your favorite alpaca throw on your next road trip. It will keep you warm & make the car feel more like home
- An alapca throw is perfect for the children in your life, soft blankets bring comfort & security to children
- Being extra soft & hypoallergenic, alpaca throws are even suitable for babies
- Place a folded alpaca throw on the end of your bed, adding a layer of visual texture & an extra layer to reach for when the night grows cold
- Car travel experts, like AAA, recomment keeping a blanket in the trunk of your vehicle at all times. When stuck in a snow storm, you'll be thankful to have an alpaca throw to help you survive the freezing cold!
- For the weekend adventurer, an alpaca throw makes a perfectly luxurious picnic blanket
- Since comfort is everything when you are in need of a good night's sleep, also consider adding an alpaca bed blanket to your list of bed linen essentials
- An alpaca throw is the ultimate wedding gift - a luxury that most young couples wouldn't buy themselves, newlyweds are sure to treasure your gift & make it a special part of their home
With the proper care, your alpaca throw surely will last decades. Follow the instructions below to insure that your alpaca throw becomes a cherished family heirloom:
- Overall, alpaca throws need little care. Alpaca fibers wick away moisture & do not absorb odor or dust, making them resistant to becoming soiled
- When the need to clean your alpaca throw does arise, it is recommended to hand wash your throw with gentle, non-abrasive soap, or even baby shampoo
- After washing, place your throw on a flat surface to dry. You can lay it on top of a towel to help absorb extra moisture
- Never use a dryer, as heat will cause your alpaca throw to shrink
It is possible to clean your alpaca throw in the washing machine if you have a machine with adjustable settings. Many washers today have settings designed to wash delicate wool items, through a process that imitates hand-washing, only slightly agitating the water. If you choose to use your washing machine, you must follow these specific instructions:
- First change the program of your washing machine to delicate
- Set the temperature to cold. Using warm or hot wather will shrink the fibers of your throw, essentially destroying it
- Set the spin speed to low/slow. Alpaca throws are fragile, they don't like to be heated, wrung, or spun
- Use gentle, delicate detergent to help your throw keep its color & texture, drawing out its durability
- Lay flat to dry - do not put in dryer! Make sure the throw is not crumpled or layered, or it won't dry properly. The more air flow, the better!
To store your throw when it is not in use, keep it away from damp or moist conditions. Perhaps consider sealing it in a plastic bag to keep away from moisture & insects.
We at Sun Valley Alpaca Co. hope that your alpaca throw provides you & your loved ones with a lifetime of warmth, comfort, and coziness!